Thursday, September 24, 2009

Could I BE wearing any more clothes??

Just a side note: Does anyone out there recall the "Friends" episode when Joey puts on all of Chandler's clothes at one time?? This totally reminded me of that one. Classic.

They say that laughter is the best medicine, and I must say that stumbling upon Roo playing dress up with the clothes in the laundry basket made me forget every ill moment from the last few weeks (heck, maybe even the last few years). I laughed until I cried.

Apparently, digging through the clothes basket (at least they were clean) for outfit assembly has become a popular activity for her lately. Too much time to kill while Mama napped, me thinks.

I love that she's getting to that oh-so-fun dress-up age. I was the Queen of dress-up when I was young. I recall asking permission from my Mom to play in her closet every day for a huge segment of my growing-up years. The shoes, scarves, gauzy blouses, hats, gloves, jewelry -- oh, it was pure heaven to me as I created and paraded around in my mini masterpieces! And when my Mom indulged me in taking a few photos of the ensembles of which I was most proud? Well, it made me feel so important that my Mom would "waste" actual film (as it was in those days) to capture my creations.

So when I saw Roo all dolled up in underwear, tube socks (as leg warmers and elegant elbow-length gloves), pants as hats, and long-sleeve shirts turned into tights, I just had to snap a few. And then a few more.
Oh my. I think I may have created a monster: I didn't even ask her for a pose! Looks like a dress up box filled with treasures is on the agenda for Christmas this year.

2 comments:

  1. Should be working, but instead I'm giggling to myself about this post. First off, that is one of my all time favorite quotes from FRIENDS from my all time favorite episodes, "The One Were No One is Ready", it is a classic.
    Tell Little Ms. Thang, that this weekend I'm totally stealing the pants as a hat look. She's on to something! Love the way the little hip of her's pops!
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it gave you a giggle, J. Since you were at work at the time, I'm sure you needed something to smile about!

    Hope you got to take in some Fall color this past weekend! Take care of you.

    -Ce

    ReplyDelete