Sunday, March 15, 2009

Random Bits of Happy


I'm a simple gal. It doesn't take much to bring a smile to my face. Little things. Little bits of sunshine scattered throughout my day. It could be the smell of coffee brewing (even though I don't drink coffee, I love the smell), putting on warm socks fresh from the dryer, or my daughter handing me "the most best rock" she's ever seen. All of these things make my soul feel just a little bit lighter. The little random bits that make my day brighter.


I've been trying to be more conscious of all the goodness surrounding my place in this world. Often, this array of wonder and delight presents itself in the smallest ways. Ways so unassuming and seemingly insignificant, that you'd miss them if you weren't taking the time to slow down and notice. So, that's what posts under this label, "Snippets of Sunshine," are all about: the little things that give me pause, make me smile, fill my soul with sunshine. The little things that are part of my daily round and could easily be overlooked and forgotten--if I hadn't taken the time to note them here! ;)


Today's little random bit of "happy" I'm going to share is just that: little and happy. Specifically, little push pins with happy pictures on them:



I found them here on Etsy. I also picked up several decorated lightswitch plate covers and outlet covers in the Elegance, Owl, and the Grateful tree design:


Our playroom colors are pale yellow and apple green, so this cover looks lovely in there. (Not that you can tell from my picture...sorry. Must have taken a breath at the exact moment of clicking -- it's a bit blurry. Of course, that doesn't explain the poor lighting, does it? ;) Hmm...oh well. It's cute and it has trees on it. You get the idea!)

So, that's where I found my snippet of sunshine today. Where's yours? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment