Monday, March 2, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


Visit Peggy's site for more Daybook reflections

FOR TODAY: March 2, 2009...


Outside my window...I hear the birds chirping, as I'm sure they are wondering where their breakfast is -- the feeder is empty! Must get Hubs to fill it, pronto! The sun is so bright today that it actually makes me squint when I look out our south window.

I am thinking...of the errands I need to run since my husband is home today and I can have our only car.

I am thankful for... the opportunity to sleep in today while the kids played with Daddy downstairs.

From the kitchen...Turkey tenderloin marinating in a creamy dijon sauce, roasted potatoes, green beans.

I am wearing...red and white flannel PJ pants (even though it's already 10:30 am! *Gasp* But, like I said, I slept in today!!), white thermal top, socks.

I am creating... a list in my head of the little projects I'd like to accomplish this afternoon, after all the running around is through.

I am going...to the store to pick up some even bigger girl underwear for my daughter (she is always telling me that the 2T/3T ones are too tight).

I am reading...last month's issue of Southern Living magazine.

I am hoping...that all goes smoothly tomorrow: my son is having a procedure tomorrow morning at Children's Hospital. Family is coming to stay with our daughter here at our home while my husband and I will be staying close to our son's side.

I am hearing...my daughter saying she is "just like a little Mommy" as she sweeps up the mess she made cutting paper and pom-poms in the living room.

Around the house...laundry is beckoning. Specifically, the cloth diaper wipes.

One of my favorite things...hearing the little conversation my daughter carries on with herself as she plays.

A few plans for the rest of the week: laying low after we get back from Children's. But also getting outside as much as possible, as the week is supposed to be lovely!

Here is picture thought I am sharing... You've got to love Playmobil!


No comments:

Post a Comment