Monday, May 4, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today...May 4, 2009


Outside my window...our new plants in the garden are thriving after all the rain showers we've had recently. We planted some neat moss in between the flagstone pieces that encircle the base of our tree, and I can see that it's starting to spread. Yay for gardening success!

I am thinking...about balance and how to achieve it. The children, the house, my husband, myself, blogging (!), and so on. If anyone has uncovered the key to this one, please let me know! :)

I am thankful for...my husband's support regarding the raising of our children. I am constantly running ideas and plans by him and he always demonstrates such trust and confidence in me as a mother. I think he believes in me more than I believe in myself.


From the kitchen...Meatloaf (one of my husband's favorites), baked potato fries, lemon-hazelnut green beans.


I am wearing...black yoga pants (with a hole in the knee, no less. Workout or yoga pants in black take a beating around here--I must go shopping for new ones); a brushed-cotton, turquoise top that is super soft and fast becoming one of my favorites; my hair up.

I am creating...a detailed to-do list for the next two months: celebrating many birthdays in our little family circle and planning a mini-vacation we just decided on this past weekend. Oh, how I love to make lists (things to buy, to make, to borrow, to confirm, to cook, to pack, etc. etc.)!!!

I am going...to work on a special gift for my Mom for Mother's Day. I hope it turns out.

I am hoping...to watch a movie with my husband this week. It's been sooo long since we've watched anything because our littlest one wakes so frequently during the evening (well, all night long and into the morning, actually). But I think we will just try and see if we can watch an entire movie in one night. That would be such an accomplishment!

I am hearing...the cheerful babble of my nearly 11-month old boy and the thundering footsteps of my nearly 4 year old gal running around the house.

I am praying...for God's guidance regarding some big decisions we need to make affecting our family's future. So I told my husband that we should be quiet and listen, wait for Him to point us in the direction we are to go.

Around the house...laundry is in full-swing; the recycle bin is overflowing; and the sewing machine is calling my name! :)

One of my favorite things...the giddy squeals and look of sheer pleasure when my daughter finds a worm in the garden (and how she will dig out there for hours, getting just as excited about the 20th worm as she did the 1st one!)

A few plans for the rest of the week...sticking with my weekly cleaning schedule (got off track with in-town company, and never got completely back on again); some sewing and painting; order a few items for some upcoming birthdays; a library run. Perhaps an early Mother's Day treat for myself: a trip to the bookstore to sip something yummy and browse around!

A picture thought I am sharing...probably one of our favorite morning rituals (other than snuggling in bed): waiting for our breakfast guests.

Be sure to swing by Peggy's Place for more Daybook viewings...

3 comments:

  1. awwww. that is such a cute picture....he looks like he might want to shake hands....

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute pic! nice to meet another daybook gal :O)

    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! You're back, it was so good to see a new post from you today.
    Can you tell us where you and the fam are planning a vacation?
    J

    ReplyDelete