Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Flylady would be proud!

A little background on me: I have a tendency, as a stay-at-home-mom in a one-car household, to stay in my pajamas all day. Generally, the kids follow suit. It's not something I'm proud of, and I cringed a bit when I typed that opening sentence. But, it's true more often than not.

I did the FlyLady thing for awhile and I did find that my efficiency and productivity increased when I "dressed to the shoes," as suggested. It perked up my attitude too. That whole, "If you look good, you feel good," thing.

So, feeling in a rut lately, mentally and domestically, I decided we would all start getting dressed before going downstairs to breakfast. Here's a little shared dialogue from the other morning:



Me: "Let's get dressed."

Roo: "Where are we going?" [Reason #1 that we usually get dressed]

Me: "Going? We're not going anywhere today."

Roo: "Who is coming to visit us?" [Reason #2 that we usually get dressed]

Me: "We're not going anywhere and no one is coming to visit today. I just think we should get dressed."

Roo: "Yay! I love getting dressed!" [she yelled as she ran off toward her closet]

Hmm...she's sure easy to please, isn't she? The fact that getting dressed is such a novelty around here is a bit concerning. We'll have to work on that.

Wait until she sees Mama taking it a step further tomorrow (which will be: brushing my hair and putting on a wee bit of makeup) ---- she'll think somebody really impressive, like the Pope or the Queen, is paying us a visit (of course, a "really impressive" guest to a 4 year old would probably be Curious George or Thomas the train, not the Queen or the Pope).

No comments:

Post a Comment